Wednesday, July 22, 2026
156. “IF MY PEOPLE WHO ...” 2 Chronicles 7-14
“If my people who are called by my Name, seek my face, pray and turn from their wicked ways, Then I will forgive their sins, hear from Heaven and heal their land.”
When I woke this morning (31-5- 2026) the above Scripture came to me. I asked “Lord What do You want me to do with this word ? Because I believe it is from you” He replied “Just sit at your computor and type, and I will tell you as you go.” So here I am Lord awaiting your instructions. The Lord speaking now, “I want you to go one or two words at a time and explain each as I dictate it to you” I said “I will do as you say Lord, but, I think you could and should have chosen a fully sighted person with a much better knowledge and understanding of your word than I.” His answer “Just do as I am asking you to.” My reply a humble “Yes Lord.”
First word (if) This word implies there is an obbligati condition, it means we have no choice. Unless we follow through, the rest of the statement is invalid. as it is also conditional on the response; In other words, the rest of the verse depends on that little word IF.
Second Words (My People) Who are “My people”? My people are those who have made a serious commitment or covenant with me.” There are many people who regard themselves as Christians, who have little or no relationship with Me. But, because they have good manners, are clean living people, go to church occasionally, help the under privileged and contribute to worthy causes, they class themselves as Christians. But, that is as far away from being a committed Christian as the North and South poles are from each other. These are not the people I am talking to in the quoted Scripture; NO! I am talking to people who have committed themselves to Me, My Word and the Christian life. People who understand that their very life, even through and beyond to eternity depends on their Faith, in Jesus Christ My Son which is believing in Him, His life, death, Resurrection and all He has said and done for them. Christianity is not a stroll in the park, or a club, where you pay your subscription each year and your in, No, It’s not even your Nationality or place in society, I’ll explain it this way, When a person joins the defence force of their country, they have to go through a basic programme of instructions and physical development to see if they are truly suitable and committed to the task of defending their Country, their Government, and the King. Only then are they permitted to sign the dotted line and wear their full uniform. They are now under the protection and derestriction of the Defence Dept. They are not the same as the other citizens of the land; They have their own legal system, their own medical system and their own rules regulations etc. eg. if one of their own are found breaking the law, that person will be charged, tried and dealt with under military law, often much more harshly than a civil court would do. Why? Because they have not only let themselves and their families down, but, their comrades and the rest of the armed forces of their country. I need you to understand, just as it is a privilege to be a defender of one’s country in our physical lives, so it is in our Spiritual or Christian life. It carries a responsibility and duties. In just the same way. Its currency is Truth, Faithfulness and Trust. True Christianity cannot exist without this currency.
What potential Christians must also understand and expect, is that Satan is both a thief and a liar, and is continually trying to delete, deny and destroy that currency. That’s why there are so many different churches and religions in the world.. His job is to question and confuse people to such an extent that they throw it all out, and choose to forget about God altogether, and just do their own thing. So, what is the solution. GOD’S WORD That, I believe, is the only way to solve the problem. Jesus said “I am the,WAY I am the TRUTH , I am the LIFE. There is no other way to The Father except through ME.” Now, where do we find Jesus? In God’s Word “The Bible”. Not in my words or in the words of any Preacher, Pastor, Priest, Pope or any pulpit. Although these people are, for the most part doing a great job bringing people to God, you need to go to the Bible and check out that what you are being taught is the true Word of God and Jesus Himself will teach you, He has all the answers to all your questions. Just Read, Read, Read. And then Cod can rightfully call you One of “My People “.
Third Words “seek My Face,” How does one seek the Face of God? Even Moses to whom God gave the ten Commandments didn’t get to see God’s face, in fact when he asked for that favour, God told him,”No one can see my face and live.” So (Humanly speaking) to seek God’s face, we have to look at the attributes, attitude and character of God, (which can only be found in The Bible) and then, in effect we are looking at the face of God as much as we are permitted to, because we don’t have the spiritual eyes to see Him in our humanity. But one day He Himself will remove that veil and all will be made clear. One’s attributes, attitude and character are reflected in one’s face. So when we are seeking God’s face we reflect on these things which is His perfection in all areas of life from Spiritual to physical, emotional and mental, technological, academic and all things in between; In fact He knows everything about everything and everybody past, present and future That’s the face of God. And He loves you and me above anything else He has created.. So spend time seeking God’s Face, in the knowledge that He, Knowing all things about you, and me, still wants us to seek Him, His face and His answer to every question we have. He is God, Our eternally loving Father He shares His throne with no one.
Forth Words “ Humble Themselves and PRAY” How does one HUMBLE themself. First of all, after reading the above paragraph, we realise just how nothing we are in the presence of our great and awesome God. So it’s not as difficult as perhaps we first thought. Humbling one’s self is a mental attitude rather than a physical one. Paul tells us to “Humble ourselves under the Mighty hand of God” How?. You ask, By asking rather than demanding, by submitting rather than claiming, by releasing our will to God rather than evoking entitlement. We kneel (if we can) with bowed heads facing the ground, these are all gestures of humility and submission. That doesn’t mean we have to be wimpy, Moses is considered the most humble man that ever lived (apart from Jesus) but He faced God boldly more than once through smoke, fire and clouds when defending the Jews. And God called him His friend. Many of us find Prayer difficult, Let’s face it, it’s hard to hold a meaningful conversation with someone we can’t see or hear, but, combining heart and mind (Soul and Spirit) and bringing Faith (Acknowledging what we believe to be true) helps immensely. Our final act of humility is a handing over to God our entire life, Body, Soul, Spirit and mind in submission to His Will. Do you get the picture?. Don’t be in a hurry, Humility takes time to cultivate, because we all have to identify and deal with our own pride prior to understanding and accepting Humility .Prideful temptations are not only Satan’s favourite weapon but his strongest one. Remember this, It worked for him with Adam and Eve (Who were perfect, but human) in the Garden of Eden, But not in the desert with Jesus when He used Scripture to send the devil on his way. So keep your Bible handy and pray when Satan is prowling around with prideful suggestions and temptations. Check your motivation that’s important.
Fifth words, “And Pray” This word is repeated hundreds of times in Scripture, that should tell us how necessary it is. Jesus Himself said, “If you pray for anything in my Name it shall be given to you” Once again there are conditions, “In my name” The name of “Jesus” carries a huge amount of weight with The Father, why? Because It’s the name of His only Begotten (unique) Son, in whom He is well pleased. Jesus is the sinless Son of God, who committed completely to the will of The Father, and He did that for you and me. That act of absolute submission cost Jesus His very life. There is no substitute for prayer, we can pray anytime, anywhere and in many ways. Some people say “I am too busy to pray during the day, but I say my morning and night prayers.” I would ask them if they keep their other relationships alive the same way or do they stay in contact with family and friends by phone, text, meeting for lunch etc. think about it!! Jesus is waiting to hear from you To-day right now.
Sixths words “And Turn From Their Wicked Ways” Our first reaction here is “I don’t have any wicked ways” Really! Think about this, Have your lips been pure today, swearing,or calling other drivers names and how about your thoughts toward other members of your family or flat mates. Have you told a lie, or picked up something that wasn’t yours and popped it in your mouth or pocket, have you put others before yourself or given someone a kind word or helping hand when you had the opportunity to do so (Self-centredness) ? little things I know, but my, how they grow in to Wicked ways” Think about little things. l believe they grow very quickly into bigger and worse things unless dealt with early. I have developed a moto to let every thought result in thoughtful prayer, and let every prayer result in prayerful thoughts. Works for me!!.
When we meet the above criteria, I believe God will do His part and (1) Forgive our sins, (2) Hear from Heaven, (3) Heal our land. I believe God has made it very clear exactly what He requires from HIS PEOPLE and what He will give us in return. So don’t be looking to our government, or London, Washington, or anyone else to come and save us, It’s up to us True Christians followers of Jesus Christ to do as we are asked, If we don’t, He WILL NOT forgive our sins, He WILL NOT hear from Heaven and He WILL NOT heal our land The ball is in our court. Make a decision for Jesus today, He will do what we ask of Him, but only if we do what He asks of us.
God Bless Phaline
---------------------------------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
156. “IF MY PEOPLE WHO ...” 2 Chronicles 7-14
“If my people who are called by my Name, seek my face, pray and turn from their wicked ways, Then I will forgive their sins, hear from Heav...
-
The above Scripture Commands us ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ What exactly does that mean? And how can it be achie...
-
Author Nicole Unice says the suspicions some people have about Christians are: “they judge me. They portray that they are better than I am....
-
The most important skill you can acquire in life is Learning to learn. Gifted people can act as though they know it all, which makes it har...
No comments:
Post a Comment